Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful for Menu Plan Monday

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We traveled to Houston, and had a wonderful time catching up with family! As I look around me daily, I am overwhelmed with the blessings in my life. Family, Friends, Faith... and also for you guys. I am so thankful to all my blog friends. I look forward to your visits and comments everyday and look forward to getting to know you more and more! I missed you all last week, but we all need breaks right?  
I am also thankful for Menu Plan Monday!! I have to admit, although I don't always stick with my menu, I would be lost without it! Meals seem to be an after thought in our home, we get so busy and before I realize dinner time is upon us, and I have three hungry boys at my feet. Luckily at that point all I have to do is check my menu and start cooking, instead of digging through my pantry hoping something is there that might make a decent meal. It is a must for me to stay organized and Menu Planning is such a large part of that.

So here is my menu plan for this week. Many of the dishes will use MORE Thanksgiving leftovers!

Menu Plan Monday

Monday:
Grandma's Spaghetti and Meat (recipe below), Cornbread, Salad

Tuesday:
Turkey Pocket Pies (recipe tomorrow)

Wednesday: 1st Wed. at BAF
Black Bean Quessadillas strips, fruit salad

Thursday:

Friday: Family Movie Night
Pizza, popcorn, Peppermint Sundaes

Saturday: Christmas Shopping
Crock pot Turkey Soup, cheese, crackers

Sunday:
Hash brown Ham Bake, green beans, salad


Recipe:

Grandma's Spaghetti and Meat (exactly as she wrote it on a recipe card for me)

1 1/2 c. Small Elbow Macaroni
1/2 lb Hamburger meat
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 46oz can of tomato juice

Cook Macaroni in enough water to be loose. While it's cooking brown meat loose or in small balls. Drain off water on macaroni and add tomato juice, meat, salt & sugar. Heat to a boil. Very good with Cornbread or butter and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment