Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grandma's Spaghetti and Meat


Well a few posts ago I shared a special recipe. Grandma's Spaghetti and Meat, and a few of you asked for pics. Well, here they are. I have to say... I made it early in the day, because we had a busy evening, and I wanted to be able to just heat up dinner. So around 4:00, dinner was ready, cornbread was warm and I just couldn't help myself... I ate!! An entire serving!! and then ate again at dinner time... I just couldn't help it:) Ok, I could help it, but I didn't want to.

Grandma's Spaghetti and Meat (exactly as she wrote it on a recipe card for me)

1 1/2 c. Small Elbow Macaroni
1/2 lb Hamburger meat
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 46oz can of tomato juice

Cook Macaroni in enough water to be loose. While it's cooking brown meat loose or in small balls. Drain off water on macaroni and add tomato juice, meat, salt & sugar. Heat to a boil. Very good with Cornbread or butter and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment