Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Best Cream Corn Ever!

I love corn, as do my children and my husband. I could eat that sweet, yellow, goodness any way: grilled on the cob, cold in a salad, with salt and pepper straight from the microwave, but as the holiday's draw nearer, I start to crave the smooth sweetness of Cream Corn!  This is a dish, that was introduced to me by my mother-in-law ; and I love love love it!!! The other great thing about this cream corn is, it's so easy and almost better the next day (great leftovers)!! You will definitely find this dish at our Thanksgiving Dinner! Confession: I usually make a double batch when, just so we can eat it for a few days... I have even been known to heat it up and eat it for a snack... Yes it is THAT GOOD!!

Cream Corn
  • 24oz. Frozen Kernel Corn
  • 4Tbs. Butter
  • 3Tbs. Flour
  • 1 c. heavy cream
  • 2 Tbs. sugar
  • salt
  • pepper
  1. Heat corn according to package directions. (Hint: I usually use the microwave(keeps my burners open for other dishes) and you don't actually have to add any water, I never do)
  2. In a saucepan, melt butter.
  3. Whisk in the flour to make a rue.
  4. Whisk in cream and sugar on medium heat, until thick gravy forms.
  5. Stir gravy and corn together.
  6. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Optional: Garnish with fresh parsley, or mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment