Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Toy Review - Little Tikes Easy Store Picnic Table

Sweet Cade and Sally Dog.. Cuddling and Enjoying the backyard view.
So with Christmas right around the corner, My hubby and I have started our  search for those things that our kids will actually play with long term! Not just that toy that gets played with and then tossed aside... I know that many of you are in the same place. Money is tight, so we all want to make those purchases count. I thought I would take this opportunity to share with all of you some of the toys that know for a fact kids (my kids) use and love! So over the next several weeks I will be reviewing on of our toys each Thursday. Please feel free to comment on any toys you would like to know more about or if you have an idea for a review. Also, please feel free to click the Amazon link to find more reviews, specifics on dimensions, or for any of your Holiday Purchases!

Christmas Toy Review #1:  Little Tikes Easy Store Large Picnic Table

We have owned the Little Tikes Easy Store Large Picnic Table for about a year and a half, and I have to say it was some of the best money we have ever spent on a toy!! We literally use this toy every single day.

My favorite Things about this Table:
  •  Sturdy design:  Holds up well to the wiggling, climbing, banging, and jumping that my three boys and the dog dish out! There is not a dent, scratch, or ding in this table. And please take my word when I say,"we are rough on this table!"
  • Cleans easily:  Because it is made solely of hard plastic, I can take this table out in the yard and scrub it down and hose it off. (I do this almost weekly) But I also wipe it often with cleaners, no sign of wear!
  • Versatile:  We have many different uses for this table. It is our craft/snack table during school time,  dinner table on Fridays, and general play area the rest of the time. Oh and the dog uses it to climb on and stare out the window, when she needs to go out... Don't worry we clean it often, remember it cleans easily!
  • Light Weight:  Like I said before, we use it often and everywhere. So it is important that it moves easily!! It is so simple to move from the playroom to the living room, to the backyard, Without any hassle!! The boys even move it for me sometimes.
  • Raised edges: So on the table top, there is a slight raised lip around the outside edge. I can not even begin to express the amount of clean up it has saved me over the last year. It catches almost all drinks spilled, paint dripped, or glue squished. Such a great thing!
Other Positives: I also like that it can hold so many kids. We use this during gatherings to serve the kids dinner, it can hold 6 kids (1 year to 8 years) easily! It also folds flat to store away, under a bed or in the garage. But lets be real here, you are going to love this table so much you won't ever put it away.  It also comes with a cute umbrella, we never use it because our table really stays inside most of the time, but it is really cute.

Ok, so now you know this is a great table! I love it!! But there are a few things I could do without... so I better share them too.

Negatives: There is an indention in the middle of the table that contains, two cup holders and a hole to support the umbrella.  The cup holders do not hold all of our cups and a few times it has been the leading cause of a spilled drink. Thank goodness for lids!!  Also, even though the raised edge catches most of the spill and keeps it contained on the table top instead of all over the floor; some dripping will occur from the hole meant for the umbrella. Personally I would like to see a raised edge added around the indention. That's it.... nothing to keep me away from this table!!

Hope this gives you some ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Steve and I were just talking about our Little Tikes picnic table last night. Ours has long gone to another family but we had such fond memories of Ethan and Isaac coloring on it, eating on it, watching TV on it. It really is the best thing to have with kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great table! I wish we had space for one here. I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about Christmas!! Looking forward to your toy reviews. I think the one we've had the longest is the Little Tykes Cozy Coupe. That thing is at least 5 years old, has been outside the entire time, and still retains it's bright colors! Love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOLD!!! Thanks, Audra! Brent & I have been trying to come up with ideas, too, and I have been looking at this table. Like you, we want to spend our money on something that will actually be used, A LOT! Thanks for the review. Looking forward to more to come!

    Sarah Harris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura, I don't even want to think of a time we might not need our picnic table! That would mean these boys are getting too big!!!
    Crystal, I am planning on doing a review on our car too! Another great buy!
    Sarah, So good to hear from you!! You will not regret buying this table. We love it!! How old are your kids now?

    ReplyDelete