Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summer Fun and A New Blog Design

Apologies for all my absence this past week. It's not that I haven't been thinking of all you sweet  readers each day, but instead that I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes planning and not as much writing!

 I wanted to let you know things will be looking a little different around here for a while.   For Starters, very soon Cup of Daisies will be looking much different, Thank  you, Thank you, Thank you -  to Hannah Nicole Designs!  She is at this moment working on getting the design installed... I CAN'T WAIT, for you to all see it!



 I also can't believe that the school year is coming to an end and summer break is upon us! We only have 10 more days of school.  How about you? WOWZA!! Because this is our first year of public school, this is also our first summer break from public school. I am experiencing a little anticipation from all the stories I have heard of bored kids that argue, complain, and sit around watching TV all summer; and while I'm sure we will have plenty of that to go around, I really want to spend this summer focusing on two things, the word of God and growing the bond of brotherhood and family.

I am so excited to share with all of you some fun activities, lessons, and crafts that I have up my sleeve. Make sure you subscribe so you don't miss a thing this summer!  No Really, Subscribe!!! :)

There will be plenty going on around here, but here are a few that will be on our weekly schedule! I'll share my ideas and make sure you link up with your too! This will help us all stay intentional, and busy (like you need help) this summer.



Memory Madness Mondays:
I will be posting a list of the weekly verses the boys and I will be memorizing, (who knows maybe Dad will get in on the fun too.) There will be prizes involved! Boys thrive on competition, so I will definitely be using that as an inspirational tool to keep them in the word as it takes hold of their hearts.



Work (Together) Wednesdays:

Team Work is the key here. The boys will have a project or a game to complete each week. Some of them will be fun... some will not. It will however, be an activity that each brother will have to do his part and depend on each other to complete the project. Our first project will be making a summer work chart, and a separate summer activity chart. This will help keep us me accountable for our time and responsibilities.



Fun Mom Fridays:
Friday's around our house this summer will be deemed as Fun Mom Fridays! Make sure you visit each Friday for your Fun Mom Friday Craft/Activity to take and share with your family! Nobody wants to be that mom who is overwhelmed and grumps around (I am that way more than I would like to say), so this summer I will be proactive and intentional about being fun, and more importantly present with my kids.

Looking forward to hearing from each of you! What are some activities and projects you have planned for this summer?

1 comment: