Sunday, January 15, 2012

Go-To Chocolate Cupcakes

Today I'm sharing with you the start of my wonderful journey into baking.  I have a big confession to make... I can't believe I'm about to share this with you, but... This is the first time I have ever actually made a cake/cupcake from scratch!  There I said it!  ....

Are those crickets I here... Are you still there? 

I know your probably shocked.   I just can't tell you how much I hate to measure and mix and measure and mix.... and well all of a sudden it has become some sort of relaxation therapy for me... What is that all about?  You think you know yourself and then yourself throws you a curveball...

Well, this recipe is now my Go-To recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes. It's moist, not too sweet, just chocolatey enough, perfectly domed deliciousness. This is now my new (replacing the cake mix)


 Go-To Chocolate Cupcake Recipe!
recipe from Annie's Eats


Ingredients:
½ cup cocoa
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon hot water
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and hot water and whisk until smooth.
In another medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to blend.
In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Blend in the vanilla and then the cocoa mixture until smooth.
With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions alternating with the sour cream.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared liners. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.  Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely

Love this with chocolate butter cream frosting . However, I made mine with vanilla buttercream frosting so I could add the requested color.

No comments:

Post a Comment