January is always a time of year that I get distracted by home projects. What is it about starting a new year that puts a fire under me to get things done... Do you do this? Well, unfortunately many times I get into project mode and dinner seems to be the first thing I forget to think about...Well, that is why this is the perfect recipe for my January or any busy time of year. Taco Soup... I love this soup! It's so easy, makes plenty in a pinch or throw it all in the crock pot and let it simmer all day long. So here's how it goes.
You will need:
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans diced tomato
2 cans tomato with green chili (Rotel)
1 can yellow hominy, drained
1 pkg. dry ranch dip mix
1 pkg. dry taco seasoning
- In a skillet brown hamburger meat along with onions, until no longer pink. Drain.
- In a 5 qt. pot. Combine all ingredients, bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and fresh avocados
Also great with cornbread!
* Slow Cook Instructions. Omit step 2,3, Instead place all ingredients in slow cooker on low 4-8 hours.