Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Read More on how I became a Baker?? and get more great recipes!

I have to admit... I'm not a huge Oreo fan, but you mix them in a supreme cupcake and I can't seem to get enough! So here is...





Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats


Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Place ice cream cones in a muffin tin using tin foil to help sturdy them.
  •  In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk together to blend and set aside. With an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Blend in the egg whites one at a time and vanilla extract.
  • With the mixer on low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add the milk and beat just until combined, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Gently fold in the chopped Oreos with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.
  • Evenly divide the batter between ice cream cones. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired (I like cream cheese frosting). 




*I can't believe I didn't get a finished pic... I got in too big of a hurry! I swirled on a dollop of frosting, and topped with an Oreo cut in half.  William's class was super intrigued at the "Ice Cream Cupcakes", but unsure of the Cream Cheese Frosting.  If I'm making this for a classroom again, I will use Butter Cream Frosting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment