So to start off the holiday goodness... here is a recipe I know you will love!
Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1 red velvet box cake mix
- 1 container of cream cheese icing
- 3 packs vanilla almond bark cubes
- Recommended Toppings: Drizzle with melted Chocolate, red sprinkles, sugar crystals, or lightly dust with cake crumbles.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Place mix in refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Using a melon baller, or small cookie scoop, form mixture into balls.
- Melt almond bark one package at a time in a glass bowl in the microwave(according to pkg. directions) , or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip the balls in chocolate. Place on waxed paper to set.
- While coating is still "wet" sprinkle on recommended toppings.
- Allow balls to set and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Cardboard Egg Cartons (cut in half)
mini muffin liners
These make lovely teacher gifts, great to leave on a neighbors doorstep, or fill a platter to serve at your next Christmas Party.