Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easiest Gingerbread Cookies for the Holidays

 Nothing gets my boys smiling more during the holidays than the thought of all those holiday treats... cake, cookies, and candy.  I'm pretty sure they are the kids "all snug in their bed, while visions of sugar plums dance in their head!" We actually spend a good bit of our time during the holiday break in the kitchen, baking and having fun together in the kitchen; which is funny because I don't really like to bake. There is just something about the holidays that gets me geared up for sweet kitchen projects.
 This year one of our first project was iced gingerbread cookies.  I would love to share this wonderfully delicious recipe with you!  It sounds so delicious But I can't say that I used it myself... I really don't like baking... all that measuring and mixing and measuring... well it just wears me out!  However, my best friend the Pillsbury Dough Boy has made my love-hate relationship with baking a little bit nicer this year with...Dum Da Dumm!!  Gingerbread Cookie Dough!!!  Pre-heat your oven, roll it out, grab some cookie cutters, and get ready for some messy fun with icing!  It's a snap, not to be confused with a ginger snap... (lame attempt for a joke)!
 And you so know they make tubs of icing too right! :) ha ha.  Ziploc bags with the corner tip cut off make a great icing bag for kids, and when your finished... toss it!  

Tell me this isn't the most beautiful Christmas tree cookie you have ever seen! 
The critics agree.... They were delicious! & Fun to make!


Do you bake with your kids during the holidays?  What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment