Thursday, September 8, 2011

Diet Soda Cake Recipe

So, this is very possibly the recipe that has changed my life as a "baker".  As most of you probably know, I absolutley despise measuring.  It slows me down. I like to experiment when I'm cooking. I like to eyeball things, and well... it's working pretty good for me, so why dirty up extra dishes... right?  Well, I now have a cake recipe in my possesion (it's all over the web) that fits my rules... the no measureing cup rules!! HOORAY!  So without further adue, here it is.



Diet Soda Cake Recipe
  • 1 boxed cake mix
  • 1 can of diet soda
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease muffin tin.
  3. Combine mix and soda with an electric mixer until well blended.
  4. Fill each tin 1/2 full.
  5. Bake according to package directions.
Tips: Cake tends to be slightly sticky, so make sure to spray tin or papers to keep cakes intact.

You can use any flavor combination of cake mix and diet soad/soda, but incase your not as experiemental as I tend to be, here are a few of my suggestions.  (Chocolate Mix+Diet Cherry Coke,  Chocolate + Diet Cream Soda, White Cake + Orange Soda,  White Cake+Diet Moutain Dew, Spice Cake + Orange Soda, Carrot Cake + Lemon Lime Soda) Really the options are endless! 

So what are you waiting for... get out there and start baking! Please report back:  I would love to hear what flavor combinations you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment