Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wordful Wednesday Psalm 37:4

Psalms 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.



old pic, but I just love it!

I have always loved this verse, but last year I was doing a Ladies Bible Study, and something was said that made me stop in my tracks and go, OOOHH (light bulb moment; thanks Paula) 

"If you are walking with the Lord the desires in your heart begin to change and aline with his desires for your life."  I'll pause so you can chew on that for a moment... I know I had to. 


Growing up I had this understanding,  I obey God, he gives me my deepest passions (no matter what they might be; money, relationships, career, you get the point... but in actuality after a bit of wisdom being imparted upon me,  this is what I get from this verse now. 
When I am walking with my Lord, and in tune with the path He is leading me down; my desires may begin to shift away from my selfish desires and more in line with God's desires.  I believe with my whole heart that nothing is coincidence and that God's plan is always best and necessary. 
My desires have not changed greatly over the years.  I have always wanted deep down in my gut to be a wife, a mother, a volunteer, a good friend, a nurturer!  That has not changed.  I can not imagine my life any different; however what has changed, is my motivation.  God's plan is no mistake. I love to share my home, my food, my heart and I do that daily through opportunities that God places in my life.  My desires are the same, but my focus has shifted from a childhood fairytale to a mission field for Christ. 

I pray daily that God will open my eyes to His purpose in my life, and that I will continue to have an open heart and seek Him throughout my life. That I will see His work and embrace being His hands and feet. 

What are your desires?  Have your desires ever shifted even slightly to align more with God's plan? 


No comments:

Post a Comment