Thursday, December 9, 2010

Turkey Pocket Pies - Uses leftover feast!

Well, Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is on it's way... If your like me I have a ton of turkey left in my freezer and more to come with Christmas Day. It is my experience that leftovers are one of those things that people either love or hate and well, I love them!! I love to use leftovers to make new creations. So here is a easy fresh idea to use us the rest of that leftover feast staring that is looming in your freezer!




Turkey Pocket Pies

  • Refrigerated Pie Crust (1 for every 2 people)
  • Leftovers
    • turkey
    • dressing
    • mashed potatoes
    • cranberry sauce
    • Optional: Cheese
  1. Preheat oven according to crust package directions
  2. Carefully roll out crust and slice in half with a pizza cutter.
  3. Fill each half with your choice of leftovers, We use stuffing, Turkey, potatoes and cheese
  4. Fold the half over to make a triangle, and press firmly around the edges to seal.
  5. Transfer stuffed pocket pie to a baking sheet.
  6. With a fork prick crust 2-3 times to allow venting.
  7. Bake according to pie crust directions.
When they come out you are left with perfect individual pies for everyone in your family! These are great dipped in gravy, cranberry sauce, or just plain with chips! We love Turkey Pocket Pies and I know you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment