Hooray for Christmas!Well, we are going to be joining family quite a bit over the next couple of weeks, so menu's will be a little scarse... but heaping with treats!! I love this time of year! I would love to see some of your recipes too, so please leave a comment with your blog address and let me and everyone else in on the goods!!
Meatball sandwiches, apple slices, chips
Lasagnua, green beans, garlic toast
Wednesday: Christmas Service at BAF 6:00!!! You should join us!
Thursday- Sunday: Let the fun begin with family and friends!
Hooray for mom's cooking! My request of the season, Mom's Fried Chicken (her's is the best, Love you mom!!)
Sweet Treats great for travel!
Pecan Tasties (Pampered Chef)
- 2 cups margarine
- 4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine and cream cheese until well blended. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Roll into small balls, and press into the bottoms and sides of tart pans or mini muffin pans.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans. Use a spoon to fill each of the crusts 2/3 full with the filling mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until shell is light brown, and the filling has puffed up. Cool, and carefully remove from pans.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) Sour cream
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/3 c. water
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together for 3 minutes.
- Bake in greased/floured Bundt pan for 45 minutes
- 40 small mini pretzels
- 40 chocolate covered caramel candies
- 40 pecan halves
** Can also be done with Hershey's Kisses or Huggs and press down with an M&M Candy
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
- Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Crock Pot Wassil
(one of my favorites)
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 cups gingerale
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup red hots candies
- Make a satchel with cheese cloth containing cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour cider, gingerale, and candy into a crockpot
- Cook on Low, as long as there is still wassil left... we usually continue to refill and keep it going all day Long!! Stirring occasionally.
Hope you all have a great week! Merry Christmas!