Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet and Southern Chicken Tenders

So, I'm a huge fan of chicken... we bake it, grill it, crock it, and yes, fry it.. I do live in the south you know!  Well, last weekend I was making Chicken Tenders, I usually roll them in flour, egg, cracker crumbs, and then to the sizzling hot oil!  YUMM... Unfortunatly I started this process without taking a good inventory of ingredients and about half way through the chicken, I ran out of cracker crumbs... Oh the horror!!

Yeah right, all that meant to me was that I had a great excuse to get a little creative.  So after a little searching and digging in the pantry I found chili cheese fritos and frosted flakes (they are practically corn flakes you know!)  And just like that Sweet and Southern Chicken Tenders were created!


Sweet and Southern Chicken Tenders

  • 2 lbs Chicken Tenders
  • 1/8 c. Flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 cups Frosted Corn Flakes (crushed)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • Vegatable Oil
  1. Place tenders, flour, salt, and pepper in a large zipper bag, and shake throughly until tenders are well covered.
  2. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl
  3. Place Corn Flakes in a shallow bowl
  4. Pour enough oil into the 12-inch skillet to come to a quarter of an inch up the sides of the pan. Allow the oil to heat over a medium-high heat until the oil comes up to frying temperature.
  5. Dip floured tenders into egg until well coated and then roll in cereal.
  6. Place into hot oil and cook until golden brown, turning once.
Serve with honey, bbq, or any of your favorite dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment