I have three boys 6.5, 4.5, and 3.... and I'm pretty sure only one of them even attepts to look at the potty and aim... then they walk right out, no flush, and no hand washing... leaving grossness behind.
|This sign has seemed to help with the flushing and washing hands... Just a thought.|
The night before I read the MOB Society post, I was walking through the house and was over taken with a horrible gas station bathroom fragrance wafting out of my bathroom and down the halway. BTW, I had just cleaned the bathroom 3 days before... and I mean CLEANED the Bathroom.
There were so many great suggestions made on how to keep the smell down and seeing this is a problem for many of us, I wanted to tell you what I do to kill the spills.
- I always clean the bathroom after bathtime. That way I know it will stay clean for at least 8 hours, while the boys are in bed... just makes me feel good.
- I pull the kids out of the bath, without draining the tub, and pour in the bleach. (I don't really believe in using measuring cups... but I probably use a cup or so.)
- While the tub and tub toys soak. I gear up in my grungies and yellow rubber gloves.
- I use clorox toilet cleaner with bleach to coat the potty and let it set while I scrub the bathtub, and use the same bleach water to scrub the floor and bottom of potty. (If it's really bad, sometimes I sqeeze out my rag over the floor and potty and let it sit)
- After draining and rinsing the bathtub and floor. I wipe down the walls and vanity walls.
- Then I wipe the potty...
- I use a different rag to wipe down the mirror and the sink with windex.
- And usually mop the rest of the floor with Vinegar once a week. Then I'm Done.
I also keep orange sent Clorox wipes under the sink and the potty gets wiped down every evening while I'm letting the littles play in the tub. I'm still careful about what cleaner I allow the boys to use, so I don't feel like cleaning the bathroom is a chore that is age appropriate in our family. ONE DAY IT WILL BE THOUGH!!!