Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Great Playroom SwapOut.

Every 2-6 months I send my strong husband to the garage to retrieve a large box. A box that stays out of reach of anyone under the age of 10. A box filled with long lost toys.... Toys that the kids have never seen before, or at least not in the last several months.

My mom gave me this idea. I divide up the toys and put different toys away every time. And when the boys start getting bored, or are arguing a lot... we swap things out. They love the day the box comes out, b/c they get to dig out all the toys and play with anything and everything their little hearts desire. Not only is it fun for them, but it also helps keep the playroom clean. Less toys in the playroom means less toys on the floor, and less toys to try to shuffle through to find things, and less frustration for me and the kids. (I'm kinda picky about things being organized... and "kinda" is a big understatement) So this really helps me to keep the toys sorted, and for the kids to learn how to pick up. The down side to this is that every 2-6 months I end up with a playroom looking like this.......

So tomorrow William Cade and I will head to the playroom for a sorting session. We will clean out old broken toys, or toys that they never play with, and we will clean them all with Clorox wipes (even the boys can help with that). So for tomorrow this is my job....


as well as this....


But mostly this....... (playing with the brothers)

No comments:

Post a Comment