Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!

Today we all pause to step back to honor and say thank you to all the men we call Father. In our house we did just that. Michael, aka, Daddy was a focus in our family today. From breakfast, to the park, to a movie, to dinner, and watching the NBA finals; it was a day of laughter, smiles, hugs, kisses, and just good family fun. I hope you all enjoyed your Father's Day as well.

I have to stop and say I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with such a loving husband and partner. But even more so on my mind today is the blessing of a wonderful father and leader to guide our growing family of boys. It is so special to watch their eyes light up when he enters a room, and the special way they fit into his loving arms.
But I must say one other father is on my mind today, William summed it all up in a picture that he drew for Daddy this morning. It had four people in it. Daddy in the middle, and William, Cade and Baby Brother to the sides. After he was finished I asked him if their was anything he wanted me to write on it for Daddy, and his response was.... "I want to be like you" . It brought tears to my eyes. The innocents and total commitment that he holds to his Daddy; is exactly what we should all have when it comes to our Heavenly Father. Thank you God for giving us such a wonderful example to follow while trying to serve you our best. I hope this is a message that will stick with us all daily, "Lord, I want to be like you"
























We Love you Daddy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment