Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Homemaking Mission Statement

Recently, I was reading an article at OrgJunkie.com about creating a weekly cleaning schedule.  I have somewhat done this automatically, and because cleaning is something I kinda enjoy... a weekly schedule is a little over kill for me; at least when it comes to house cleaning.  However, I do struggle with feeling a little unappreciated from time to time, and find myself  hinting for compliments from my husband and kids. But as read Laura's article I couldn't help read one section over and over.  She wrote a House Keeping Mission Statement! WHAT!! Talk about over kill, right... but as I read a peacefulness came over me.  There is definitely something to be said about being reminded of your purpose.  It brought me back to why I am a stay at home mom, and why I love it so much.  It is a my purpose, my service to my family and to obedience to my God.  So I decided I needed a mission statement of my own.  So here it is...

My Homemaking Mission Statement
I will live purposefully, continuing to allow God to prune me and discipline me as I strive to listen to the spurring of the Holy Spirit and obey His commands. I will maintain an inviting and peaceful environment, for my family and anyone that may come into our life/home.   I will set the example of commitment, joy, and orderliness daily, by doing myself or delegating the tasks needed to create a home sanctuary that is above all else pleasing to God. 


Whatever you do, Work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men... Colossians 3:23


I printed it out, framed it and  placed it in the kitchen, beside the coffee pot, (The first place I go in the morning!) I love the encouragement it provides and the reminder of what my goals and purposes are during this season in my life. What would your mission statement say?

No comments:

Post a Comment