Friday, September 24, 2010

My Husband Rocks!!

It has been way too long since I have done a MHRF post, but  I have been inspired to remind my husband how much he means to me!! And since I air everything else out here on this lovely blog, it only makes sense to include posts such as these.

 One reason Michael rocks is his absolute dedication to hard work and his love and passion for being the protector of our family! Last Sunday we drove in the rain to church, praised and worshiped while listening to the rain pounding outside. Ran to the car in the rain, and got home in soaked clothes, to find a house full of rain.  Well a bedroom full of rain. Apparently we were having a drainage issue and the 9 inches of rain we had gotten that morning had started seeping in the weep holes of our home, right into the boys bedroom.  At this point I was ready to close the door and put our house on the market, but Michael didn't even hesitate, didn't ask for help, he calmly went to change and spent the rest of his day outside, in the rain, digging ditches, cleaning french drains and gutters, and with no complaining or grumbling! Then to top it off he finished outside, to come in and start sucking the water out of the carpet with a rental carpet cleaner for the rest of the night.  I was so overwhelmed with it all, and he could tell... he told me to take care of the kids and go on to small group that night... When I got home, the room was cleaned, there was a carpet fan going and I didn't even have to look at it. He never ceases to amaze me with his attention to detail (not my strong suit) and ability to spring into action and take care of a problem. My sweet husband worked all day in the rain and hunching over a small carpet cleaner (and at 6'7" anything short is a backache)... proving his love and commitment to our family and more so me... by doing it all without grumbling or complaining. 


 I'm sure he was thinking, "Yep, this is about to go on the blog" :) I love him so much!!

Michael, I am so blessed that you chose me! Thank you so much for making God and our family the highest priorites in your life. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment