Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Holding Hands

Each day after picking up my oldest son from school, we pull in our driveway unload our many bags, books, and groceries from a day of school,work, and errands; and make our way down the street and around the corner to the mailbox. 
Being  natural competitors,  my older boys usually line up on the sidewalk set for the race. As they dash off, my 3 year old will run up to my side, reach up, and slip his small delicate hand into mine.  As his small body rushes to keep up with my longer strides, I know all he is wanting is the security my grasp offers him as we walk along. I love knowing he is depending on me, and I love knowing he is feeling secure and safe by simply being in my presence. 


Image


Each day as we stroll , I can't help but think about our Heavenly Father, and the joy it must bring to Him when His children reach up, ask Him to hold us; offering security and safety within His Holy Spirit! What rejoicing there must be to know His children are walking with Him, seeking refuge and comfort, depending on Him to guide them through the paths He has laid before them.
18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates, 21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth. Deuteronomy 11:18-21

Do you experience God's word through your children? What truth is He sharing with you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment