Sunday, June 12, 2011

The End of a Chapter: The One Where We Move

Well. I am sitting here, in a bare room, blogging for the last time in this Home Sweet Home.

 Tomorrow is moving day!  It is a bitter sweet. We moved here when William had just turned 2, Cade was 6 weeks old, and Brennan was not even a twinkle in our eye.  For them, this home encompasses  every memory they hold so far. 2 of my 3 children took there first steps here. William has grown and started school here. We got our first dog here.
 Earlier, as we left they new house tonight and headed back home, this actually became a hard reality. William became serious stating "I don't want to move!"  It made  me come back from my excitement on the journey ahead, to remember that these sweet little boys didn't have the same pull from the Holy Spirit. They didn't know the same securities on the levels that we know them.  They don't understand the reasons we are moving.

They know they will miss the mud pits in the backyard, and the playroom, and the memories that we have made here, and frankly so will I. 

My prayer is that as we begin to move their world tomorrow and as the comforts of home become a reality in a new house; that the security will be a little more renewed, and the feeling of home will be overwhelming, and they too will look on to the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment