Friday, June 24, 2011

Being a Patient Mother

Lately I have been learning alot about God.   With the move, trying to make a new house a home, a growing Thirty-One  business, and trying my hand at some free lance writing, I have found myself in unexplored territory.  I am pulled in many different direction, and still trying to find a good balance.

Unfortunately, in the midst of turmoil, I have lost my focus and my patients.  I absolutely despise bad attitudes, but unfortunately it is something I struggle with. I have been going through survival mode, and putting up a very strong front... The Lord has continually used my children to show me  the meaning of Grace, and gives me opportunity to practice patients and self control everyday! 

While looking for some encouragement and guidance the other day I came across these scriptures. If this is something you struggle with I pray they will bring you as much peace as they have me.

A Patient Mother --

Ecclesiastes 7:8-9

The Message (MSG)

 7-8"But blessed is the man who trusts me, God,
   the woman who sticks with God.
They're like trees replanted in Eden,
   putting down roots near the rivers—
Never a worry through the hottest of summers,
   never dropping a leaf,
Serene and calm through droughts,
   bearing fresh fruit every season.

Romans 15:5

New International Version (NIV)

 5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,

Galatians 5:22

The Message (MSG)

 22-23But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

Philippians 4:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

James 1:3

The Message (MSG)

 2-4Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment