Sunday, June 14, 2009

On My Mind Today!

Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
Love does not demand its own way.
Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
It is never glad about injustices but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
True Love confounds all human Wisdom.
I know this is a verse that is often used to describe a marriage, but what about a church family. Do we truly show this amount of love to one another? Do I let God out of the box I have placed him in to allow this type of love to happen? So many times I think I have it all figured out and then God throws me for a loop and this time it was a big one. I have been humbled, and I have learned from mistakes that have been made. I am ready to face to facts. I am ready, I am ready to let God out of the Box. I'm ready to start living the worship like I have in the past. I am ready to grow and give God all the glory. I'm ready to stop the frustration that comes when you allow rules, regulations, and traditions to consume your spiritual walk. I am ready to live for God once again, and to do it through Love for others!! All others, friend or foe!! I know it is a risk, I know I might get burned again. But what if I don't.
It has been said that the gain is worth far more than the risk.
I am ready to risk it all. I am ready to trust a church family again, and share one an other's struggles and rejoice in one an other's victories. I learn more and more about how much I don't know all the time, but for today I know I am ready!
I am ready to Love and to be Loved.

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying for you during this time! Have you found a place to call home ~ a church family to love and be loved by? God will lead the way. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete