Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cleaning Tips

Well, I know many of you that read the blog are wives & mothers, which also means you are CLEANERS!
I will admit that I enjoy cleaning! It helps relieve stress, gives me a sense of accomplishment, and is besides taking care of our children, one of the biggest day to day things I do to show love to my husband.
Anyways, I have been trying to cut down on the amount of cleaning products I use and go to more organic, efficient, and/or multi use products. So for this blog I am listing some of the things I use and love and a few that I use because I don't having any other ideas. Please share some of your tips with me, and I hope to share a few with you also. Here we go...

For a nasty microwave, put 1/2 c. of lemon juice in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 1.5 minutes. Afterwards, remove bowl and wipe off. Stuck on stuff usually comes of really easily! And smells great!

I love my Shark!!! I can do a quick once over after meals. Goes from Rugs to floors easily, and even picks up soft stuff, like noodles, greenbeans, and mud. I use it at least 3 times a day! The kids think it is fun to use too.

I absolutely will not budge! My toilets are getting cleaned with bleach!!! My dishes are getting washed with dawn(also good for greasy stains in laundry) and my laundry is getting washed with Tide! Case closed.

I would like any suggestions on the following:
Dusting: I dust with Pledge multi surface, and like it, but would be open for options.
Glass cleaner? Any tips? I am currently using clorox green works glass cleaner.
Surface cleaner?
Floor cleaner? I have lanolium and ceramic tile.
Bathroom cleaner? Something that cuts hard water!

I know vinegar is a good multi purpose cleaner, but i really hate the smell of it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Audra I have been trying to do the same thing around our house! I really like the Green Works line of stuff. I use the surface cleaner on all my cabinets and tables and use it on the dishes. I have yet to find anything to dust with so let me know if you find something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anything that you'd like to try out over at my house you are welcome anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete