Friday, March 16, 2012

Ham and Egg Cups - Budget Friendly Recipes


 We love the versatility of eggs in our home and the ease it takes to make them... in any form! We love them for breakfast, but honestly breakfast for dinner? YES PLEASE!  I really thought Ham and Egg cups would be the egg recipe that would ruin my fondness of all eggs being easy, but nope, I was so surprised to find out these beauties are easy peasy and the best part is my boys and husband LOVE them!  Did you hear me say they are so easy?  Which also means they are also a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen to help! 

What you will need:
12 slices of thinly sliced ham
1 dz. eggs
Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and Pepper

How to:

To get started place one slice on thinly sliced ham into each muffin cup, creating a bowl to hold your egg. The ham will shrink when cooked.  (Get Ham sliced as thin as the deli can make it without having tears or holes, I went for a thickness of 1)
After all the ham has been placed in muffin cups, crack one (1) egg into each slice of ham.



Place 1 tbs. shredded cheese on top of egg. Your choice. (I have used mozzarella, cheddar, and mozzarella/Parmesan mix - favorite!) and season with salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes... do not overcook or your eggs will get tough and dry.
Serve it up with toast and jelly, fresh fruit, or a small side salad! Oh, it is so good!!! I think I'm going to make some right now to have for lunch today!

1 comment:

  1. These look so YUMMY, I'm going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete